Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fft81
Contributing MemberPosts: 896
Like?
inkowl 3880 1st impressions
Aug 23, 2012

Received my refillable carts for 3880 last night from inkowl. I will do full review later, here are 1st impressions:

1. Plastic seems of decent quality; feels similar to thick taper-ware, not the thin glad-ware.

2. installed MK cart last night using oem plus provided chip. printer reports 98% of MK ink, my original cart was down to about 76%.

Waiting to get the separate chip resetter for my wase ink tank, which is supposed to also reset the oem chips before installing other cartridges. If resetter does reset oem chips on ink carts will try to use refillable carts without auto reset chips to be able to see ink level.

Interesting discovery:

I thought that ink cart has a sensor to disable oem chip when ink drops below 15%. Having taken apart the oem cart i do not see any contacts or wiring going to the oem chip from oem cart. This suggests that oem cart disables its reset ability based on ink level written to it by printer, not based on actual ink level in the cartridge...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow