Is it the duty of the challenge host?

Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,427Gear list
Like?
Re: I wasn't talking to (or about) you...
In reply to ConanFuji, Aug 23, 2012

Killing two (or even three) birds with one stone is always reasonable.

ConanFuji wrote:
That also is another reason.
It's a one stone kill two birds solution.
Don't you agree?

Slynky wrote:

Oh, I thought I read somewhere that having a limit of 8 (or 10) was one of the ways hosts were protesting the slowness of promised changes...

ConanFuji wrote:
That's good to have a clarification.
No I don't feel the shoe fits.

Werli started this ugly thread right after the whole conversation with me, so this thread is very much his attack on me.

It's also dumb that he kept drumming about me not checking 100% of the entries. I scaled back the limits from 100 to 10 just so everything can be easier to monitor . And the whole Exif thing is silly. I gave my explanation regarding films, scans, etc and he slyly avoided all my answers.

He's a sly one dimensional character with a propensity to sling mud at others.

Slynky wrote:
I was speaking in general in reference to the subject brought up by the OP.

In summary, I was merely saying that in reference to hosts responsibilities , I believe the following...(and that's what I wrote).

NOW, if you feel the "shoe fits you", then chat away. But I was not talking about this challenge. (if there was any reference to you at all, it would have to be the one where you stated, "Anyone who request that I perform a 100% check needs to get their heads checked." That indicates--to a certain degree--a host who will not be fulfilling what I feel to be their responsibilities. But, you already disagree so there's no need to hash that out any further.)

So, my comment was pretty much in general to explain what I feel a host should do, as it pertains to rules, etc.

ConanFuji wrote:
You kept going on with the generic comment. Which law has not been enforced?

Slynky wrote:

...then they should enforce them.

I see it the same way in challenges. If the host sets down rules, the host then has an obligation to police the entries (as we have already learned relying on the honesty and integrity of the entrants to be a significant waste of time).

-- hide signature --

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

-- hide signature --

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life".

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow