The Peak District with Sony NEX7 and Samyang 14mm

Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,760Gear list
Like?
Re: The Peak District with Sony NEX7 and Samyang 14mm
In reply to David Wogan, Aug 23, 2012

One may lose a bit of technical expertise, but the eye for composition comes from a more robust place - so I'm not surprised that your recent shots show pretty much all of the compositional quality of your pre-hiatus gallery.

What you have discovered, however, is that camera sensor technology has moved on a lot from your 5D days. The new 5D is an awesome creature, but the NEX-7 is renown as a superb compact landscape system, particularly with MF 3rd-party lenses mounted on adapter. If you had been shooting sports or shots requiring fast AF tracking you might have been less satisfied.

We all need a complete break from even our most precious pasttimes occasionally to prevent ourselves from becoming bored, stale, or formulaic. And life - particularly your work life as a high-tech manager - can drain all your creative energies. I know, I was there. In this situation, we can only make a promise to ourselves to not forget our abiding passions while we attend to more urgent needs.
Welcome back. Post more.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow