Today I tried something I have never done before!!!!

Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JIngrouille
Contributing MemberPosts: 715Gear list
Like?
Today I tried something I have never done before!!!!
Aug 23, 2012

And before those dirty minds start working overtime I will tell you: For a start I always shoot in Raw but today for a bit of a laugh I used Jpeg using my A77 which gives me the option of using 1.4 or 2x smart teleconverter. I know its only a cropping factor but it give quite good results. To do this I used my 70-400mm set at 400mm which in gives a similar effect as using an 800mm lens or in FF terms around 1200mm. All these shots were hand held with 1600ISO (which was a bit of a nightmare!!). I am fully aware it's not the same as using a real 800mm or 1200mm lens but its a bit of fun, In my opinion your just as well to shoot RAW and then crop BUT I think doing it this way you get perhaps better exposure and focus.

But each to there own, just thought that those that haven't tried it might like to see the results.
Cheers John

-- hide signature --

Ingy

JIngrouille's gear list:JIngrouille's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow