Thank you, D700

Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
nico3d
Contributing MemberPosts: 863Gear list
Like?
Re: An ode to the best
In reply to Rick_Hunter, Aug 23, 2012

hahahah couldn't feel more ideantified with this, Rick.

I'm devastated that there's no actual real successor to the D700. I will reluctantly upgrade to the D800 basically because my beloved D700 has almost completed his journey, and Nikon has given me no other choice that go for such insane and unnecessary (for me) 36MP camera. It all seems the D600 will come in a more basic body and the D4 well I just don't need it. So i guess we will all have to eventually adapt and go with what's available.

Rick_Hunter wrote:

I still have my D700 as a second body alongside my D3S and there is NO WAY I'm going to get a D800 anytime soon. (I do photography for a living, mostly weddings and reportages)

I don't need 36 mpix.
I don't need/want to clog my Mac with ginormous raw files
I don't want to slow down my PP workflow to a crawl

I don't want to buy 32 gb expensive cards just to fit the number of pictures certain assignments require me to take

I don't want to risk getting one with the dreaded AF issue and then start the ballet of returning/servicing/whatever (I know it's unlikey, but still the possibility exists)

And that's my take on the D800.

Long live the D700. Great camera back when it was launched, great camera still now.

If I had to pick one shortcoming that would be the 95% vievfinder coverage, but for the rest, it's a pretty darn near perfect camera.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow