Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
toucan
Regular MemberPosts: 142
Like?
Front lens screw in UV protective filter for Nikon 500 f4 lens
Aug 23, 2012

Sharing some information regarding buying large lens filters. All would be aware that the Nikon large lens including the 500 f4, have drop in filters however as such, cannot provide protection of the lens from scratching, salt drift etc. I tried to get information from Nikon and two large N Y photo shops as to whether I could purchase a screw in UV/Protective filter for the lens which measures approx 122mm across. I was told by Nikon and others that only the drop in 52mm filters are made for the lens despite a screw in thread existing at the front of the large lens. Tiffen filters informed me that the lens was 140mm and that their filters only go to 125mm however Photocare in NY in conjunction with Schneider Optics USA have been able to order me a 122mm front screw in UV filter for the lens.

Moral of the story.... some manufacturers and suppliers only want to sell you what they stock or guarantee.
--
toucan

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow