USA haters?

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 14,285Gear list
Like?
Re: Pause for thanks
In reply to AC1, Aug 22, 2012

AC1 wrote:

I think that all the US bashers here should stop for a moment and reflect on the contribution that American has made to mankind. We should all get down on our knees and give thanks for things such as:

1. Democracy (we are all SO envious of the presidents you select. We would love such quality leaders. Even your VP candidates are awesome e.g. Sarah Palin).

Yes, some of them suck and the ones who had some of the best ideas have been laughed at. Americans at their worst.

2. A lesson in financial management i.e. save until you can afford it, then buy it (thanks for showing us what goes wrong when you do it the other way around).

You're welcome.

3. Friendly fire (thanks for that).

Americans only?

4. Cars that only go in a straight line (we agree corners are so over-rated).

You mean like the Corvette, Ford GT (styled after the car that beat Ferarri 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th at LeMans) Mustang et al? Oh wait, the Cadillac CTV will beat a Mercedes AMG in BOTH straight line acceleration and beat it in a road course. Point not well made.

5. Highlighting the link between fast-food and obesity (you've made the point, you can stop eating now).

Well said.

6. The Kardashians (in fact, thanks for all reality TV).

Keep it up guys. Really.

You forgot to mention Country and Western Music. or as they call it now, "Country" music. I could just puke when I hear it and worse when I listen to the lyrics.

The best part about that is many of the right wing bible thumpers who tell others how they are uspposed to live listen to "Country."

-- hide signature --

Good cyclists are:
Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
Layer 1: Control your bike (Don't fall or collide with others)
Layer 2: Follow the rules (Don't be the cause of traffic crashes)
Layer 3: Use Lane position (Discourage other drivers mistakes)
Layer 4: Hazard Avoidance (Avoid other drivers mistakes and road hazards)
Layer 5: Utilize passive protection (Use protection when all else fails)

Chris, Broussard, LA

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
+ 1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow