ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skybluephoto
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
First wedding - what do you think?
Aug 22, 2012

Hi All

Firstly, let me start this post off by saying I am no pro, and don't consider myself one, I'm posting in this forum to get the opinion of pros.

A friend of mine runs a small business doing wedding photography, and due to my interest in photography (though I mainly shoot landscapes for pleasure) I asked if I could accompany him to a wedding (I referred my friend (the bride) to him so I felt comfortable asking to tag along!) to get an insight into the life of a wedding photographer and try something different.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the day, and who knows, maybe one day it might be something I'd like to do more regularly.

Please bear in mind when you judge these that portraiture and weddings are totally new to me, not something I've had years of experience with, but I would appreciate your feedback nonetheless!

One thing I definitely noticed was how much I need to improve my focussing technique, compared to my friend (who obviously has a lot more experience and expertise than myself) a lot of my images were quite soft, and I think this is where I'd used an outer focus point and focused and then recomposed the scene, coupled with the low aperture (a lot of f/2.8 shooting with the 70-200)

All shot with 5D Mk II, 24-105 L and 70-200 L II.

Cheers
M

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow