i hate canon's web site!

Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
meatatarian
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Re: i hate canon's web site!
In reply to Debby Peters, Aug 22, 2012

Debby Peters wrote:

Think I will part with all my Oly gear and start to save for a better canon body and get a nice zoom. So if I get the zoom now, do not buy the EF-S right?

Before deciding on only EF lenses, make sure to check out your options for EF-S ultra-wides and normal-zooms. The good ones tend to be just as sharp as their EF counterparts, while being cheaper and smaller. If you buy them used now and then sell them later when you buy full-frame, you likely won't lose any money.

For telephoto lenses and prime lenses, you should most likely be looking at EF lenses if you ever plan to upgrade to full-frame.

For normal zooms and ultrawides, I'd suggest you take a look at the EF-S offerings. The usual recommendations are the Canon 10-22 or Tokina 11-16 for ultra-wides and the Canon 15-85, Canon 17-55, Sigma 17-50, or Tamron 17-50 for normal zooms.

meatatarian's gear list:meatatarian's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow