Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
peter42y
Senior MemberPosts: 2,110Gear list
Like?
Re: How well has the G1X done??
In reply to Rod McD, Aug 22, 2012

Rod McD wrote:

Hi Peter,

I was surprised to hear that you doubt the G1X sales have gone well. I'm not saying they have or haven't - I just don't know and don't know how any member of the lay public would find out. I own both a G12 and a G1X and have no idea how the sales have gone or how the sales of both compared to earlier sales of the G12 alone (or for that matter other brands top compacts). The G1X certainly stirred up some discussion in the first half of this year. Do you have some figures or have Canon made a public comment?

Thx, Rod

Hello :

I must acknowledge in a way you are right . I have no do not have any figures about G1x Sales .

On the other hand looking at the amazon top sales one can see the Canon G1X is not there .

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-camera-photo/zgbs/photo/ref=zg_bs_photo_pg_1?_encoding=UTF8&pg=1

In the Amazon UK the canon G1X is not in the top 100 either.

( But the Canon G12 is in the 76 place ).

The Nikon J1 is in the top 100 in UK either.

Taking into account these statistics one can make the case that the G1X has not been a hit.

Besides there has been lots of criticism when it does come to autofocus.

Do not get me wrong : I am not saying G1X is a bad camera. I am saying that judging by the information one can read here and there.., G1X has not been a hit.

( But Canon can turn around the tide in the next versions of the GX line , I believe . Shrink the body , shrink the price, improve autofocus ).

peter42y's gear list:peter42y's gear list
Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow