Niagara Falls & my OMD

Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
netsurfr
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
Re: Niagara Falls & my OMD
In reply to njb311, Aug 22, 2012

I would recommend you don't use these 3 or 4 pictures to judge the iq of the em5 for a few reasons.

1. All these were shot in middle of the day hard sun condition with nothing but the kit 12-50 lens and very limited time spent in optimizing the shot

2. I'm using one of the em5 built in art filters in most of the shots I posted and that filter (dramatic tone) affects the picture A LOT and is nothing like using LR and Raw.

3. These are all jpg out of camera tweaked with snapseed in my iPad. I will be using LR and the raw files once I get back home

4. I'm basically a novice learning so I'm by no means the one to produce optimal shots

That said I tested a 5d3 with the kit lens and the 50mm f1.2 and although I could see better IQ and more shallow DOF control with it. In the end the features and most importantly, portability, of the em5 with all the lenses I have was the winners for me. IQ on the em5 especially with prime lenses and the colors is good enough for my needs.

njb311 wrote:

And just to add, the noise issue was certainly not present in all the photos to the same extent, e.g. "All Imported-177" was much cleaner. This is what I don't understand!

-- hide signature --
 netsurfr's gear list:netsurfr's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow