Attn SONY: Make an Android based NEX, please.

Started Dec 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Alupang
Senior MemberPosts: 2,560
Like?
Re: Playing Angry Birds on my Nokia 808 Pureview Today
In reply to BubbaHotepUK, Aug 22, 2012

BubbaHotepUK wrote:

I understand 100% where you are coming from, but for me I use my Samsung SGS2 for a whole lot more than I ever could my old N8 (and my N95 before that).

If the price were a lot cheaper, I'd be first in line to get an 808. However, the fact of the matter is that in the UK right now, the RX100 is cheaper than the 808. In fact, I could pick up a budget Android phone + RX100 for much the same price as the 808. Or even a NEX5N + budget phone for the same.

The 808 just doesn't make any financial sense to me.

I hear ya. For me--I wanted one small device that does as much of "everything" as possible. It's all about priorities I suppose. First and foremost I absolutely need to make voice calls and texts. Then I want the best camera and MP3 player possible. Third is the ability to surf wifi in a pinch when I must have information on the road.

So the Nokia is the only one device that does all this in order of my priorities. I weighed it against getting a Samsung Note + small pocketable P&S cam but I knew in the end, the cam would stay home. The Nokia 808 is with me always.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow