Urgent need of advice for XZ-1

Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
joe6pack
Contributing MemberPosts: 764Gear list
Like?
Re: Urgent need of advice for XZ-1
In reply to mtnk, Aug 22, 2012

It is hard to say if it fits you. What kind of subject do you plan on shooting? Is 24mm wide enough for you? I am not aware of any official XZ-1 wide angle lens adapter. So chances are it won't live up to your expectation.

If 24mm is wide enough, there are existing cameras like Panasonic LX5/LX7. Canon S100 that does the job right out of the box.

mtnk wrote:

Hey guys , I've been reading the forum for a while and it's time for my first topic.

I am in a need of a camera that can be easily converted into an ultra wide angle P&S and that led me to the XZ-1 : nice price/quality ratio , and I as far as I read so far you can atach wide angle converters on it with great succes.Only problem is that I am not sure exactly witch one to get as I dont want to spend a lot of money on it - - camera + WA around no more than 400-450 USD. I want to be pretty sure before I get the camera because I need it for a trip witch is 15 days ahead and I wont have time to get another one if this one doesnt suit my needs. I would be really thankfull if you can help me and that way persuade me to get this great camera!

joe6pack's gear list:joe6pack's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Corel Aftershot Pro IrfanView
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow