Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeffpe
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
RX100 in-camera HDR
Aug 22, 2012

I've been surprised that there has not been more mention of the HDR capabilities of the RX100. I took this camera on a hike in Europe a few weeks ago and used the HDR feature 90% of the time. I like pictures in the mountains which poses challenges due to dark trees and bright glaciers, snow and rocks.

I've attached some samples. The normal image is what the camera saves as the mid exposure. The HDR image is what the camera produced. I processed this in Lightroom to reduce highlights, boost shadows and increase midtone contrast. Note the additional detail available in the trees, clouds and glaciers on the right side of the image.

I've played with HDR on using my 5D MkII and Photomatix, it's a lot of work and there are usually problems because I don't use a tripod. No tripod with the Sony either, but the frame rate is fast enough, and the software is good enough, that the images turn out quite good.

Canon EOS 5D Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow