Aaargh!!! Booted MBP this morning and the hi-rez went @#$%^

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 7,829Gear list
Like?
Crikey! "Little known" is right. :)
In reply to Hen3ry, Aug 22, 2012

vdubreeze wrote:

Geoff, bummer. Did you try the little known control-shift-eject, which resets the card? My early 2008 MBP occasionally boots where it's too dark and has weird dark vertical pulses across the bottom, shaped sort of like stage lights. Holding these keys also puts it to sleep so it goes black and then you wake it up. This puts me back in business.

I'll keep that in mind for the future. For now, after a day and a half in purgatory (i.e. working on the super little 2010 13" which actually has been my workhorse for a couple of years) I'm back in business on the 15". A friend suggested zapping PRAM - boot while holding down control-option-P-R until the third start up chime - and it worked!!!

I'll advise him of the control-shift-eject thing too … then he can remind me of it next time I'm in trouble.

Thanks for your support, breezer.

Cheers, geoff
--
Geoffrey Heard
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow