Flat view
Werli Francois
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Is it the duty of the challenge host?
Aug 22, 2012

I added an image in the challenge below:

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=7224

I uploaded the other two images of the challenge and realized they both have their EXIF data removed. To avoid possible problems in the results of the challenge, I withdraw my image and asked the challenge host:

"Both entries are without EXIF data, just a date on the image? Are they following the rules?"

Answer from the host: "Yes".

I then asked the host for clarification via private message:

""Images must be shot after the announcement date of the challenge." How can you say they follow the rules if you cannot see when those two images were taken?
Please explain."

Answer from the host: "Well... Why don't you prove otherwise, instead of casting doubt? I never said the photos have to have exif"

Me: 'I think it is the duty of the host to prove that those two entries have cheated or not if someone doubts the entries'

Answer from the host: 'Well, you're wrong. It should be the other way around.'

My questions:

• Is it wise to organize a challenge with date rules and not ask for EXIF data? how otherwise can one know if the entries are genuine or not?

• Whose duty is it to see that entries respect the rules?

Also I wish to add that I have seen multiples messages from DPreview members for this same challenge who have been deleted by the host because they seemed to doubt the restrictive challenge rules.
Is that also the duty of the host?

Probably, as he it is written in the rules: "The host's action (or inaction) is up to him."

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow