D800 -> iPad?

Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
zsedcft
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
Re: D800 -> iPad?
In reply to oper8nrun, Aug 21, 2012

oper8nrun wrote:

While some have reported success with EyeFi card and D800, it would not transmit from camera to iPad for me. Others report same, and EyeFi website tells you it will not work to transmit to iPad or phone from D800.

I got the Apple adaptor for about $20, put SD cards in, and it works perfectly. A friend puts his CF cards into card reader and plugs that into USB adapter which Apple sells bundled with SD adaptor and it is fine.
Try Snapseed $5 app from Nik for iPad. It's wonderful for processing!!!

I bought a 3rd party camera connection kit for my iPad 2 and it works perfectly with the D800 files on the sd card. The iPad can import the raw files but I presume it is just using the embedded jpeg for any editing but the iPad is a great tool for quick edits or review. The d800 also records movies in mp4 so you can edit and dub your own full hd movies while on the go. I use filterstorm pro for photo editing. You can resize and export the photos to Flickr or Dropbox from within the app.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow