Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NikonMan09
Regular MemberPosts: 219Gear list
Like?
Why use Lightroom or Capture NX?
Aug 21, 2012

Throughout my history in digital photography I have been mostly a JPEG shooter, because I don't have much time for PP. Adjusting Nikon picture control settings has worked well for me; and I shoot mostly social events for posting the pictures on sharing sites. I have taken RAW shots of landscapes from some recent trips, but have not felt the need to do much PP.

Currently, the RAW processing software I own is Adobe ACR from CS5 and View NX. I recently became more familiar with ACR because I had to process some RAW files into JPEG wallpapers at work. I then remembered I could download trial copies of Lightroom and Capture NX2 and have done so. So far, I am not impressed with either. I don't like the fact that Lightroom is set up to work from a catalog instead of an indvidual file, and Capture NX2 seems to be nothing more than a View NX with a curve adjustment added. So what advantage would either of these programs give me compared to what I presently own?

In the long run, I would like to become more proficient in RAW processing, but I want the software to be user-friendly!

Thanks for your interest!

Fred
--
Formerly known as MinoltaMan78. Switched to Nikon in 2009.

NikonMan09's gear list:NikonMan09's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
LowNew
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow