How Do You Get High Places in the Challenge

Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
citizenlouie
Contributing MemberPosts: 635Gear list
Like?
Re: How Do You Get High Places in the Challenge
In reply to olyflyer, Aug 21, 2012

olyflyer wrote:

In short: See it as a fun thing, not to be taken too seriously.

BTW: P&S camera does not mean crap image. Remember that it is what the camera captures what counts, not which camera is used for the image. You have two entries: one in the "Tree bark" one in the "Pretty" challenge. I have no opinion about the quality of the images except that to me it is obvious the "Pretty" is a human being, so I would have guessed that this interpretation gave you low scores from others. I can not judge on the "Tree bark" images and I have no idea why it scored low because the subject itself is very difficult and most images in that challenge don't say anything to me. Anyway, keep on posting, don't give up. I am pretty sure you will work your way up.

Thank you for taking your time looking at my photos. Yeah, I took the challenge as a fun event also. If I could vote on my own photo, I would give myself a 4 stars, because it has some issues that doesn't quite satisfy me. So I didn't expect a win but just trying to enjoy the process of competition. I kind of want to know how it measures up with other photos. What I don't expect is finishing at bottom 1/3 percentile with some photos obviously taken by people who don't know what they're doing.... It's the process of the challenge that left me feel a bad aftertaste. It doesn't feel fun anymore with many people trying to win at all cost....

BTW, when I said P&S, I mean snaps, not a type of camera. I have taken some wonderful photos with a 3-megapixel P&S camera (and some newer P&S cameras can be very capable cameras). It just frustrates me that some random snapshots got ahead (some had very poor lighting). Yes, some top places photos deserve what they got. That's fine. Some shots are more or less equally well done, so the placement is a reflection of voter's tastes, and that's normal. But if a badly shot photo gets ahead because of some dirty trick in the voting process, that's the part I find frustrating.

citizenlouie's gear list:citizenlouie's gear list
Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow