Tokina 28-80 ATX (Angenieux design) Hood Issue

Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rushdewalt
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Re: Tokina 28-80 ATX (Angenieux design) Hood Issue
In reply to Piginho, Aug 22, 2012

There has been many of versions of this lense over the years. I have the original ATX pro 28-70 2.6-2.8. I've owned it for about 9 years and have used it on my Minolta 7D, Sony A57, and with an adapter on my Samsung NX200 ( Yea this lens is way to big size wise for that camera, but it still does a great job). I have yet to try it on my A77. Overall I think its a very good lens. Mine is just a tad soft wide open at 70mm, but quite sharp everywhere else. Its built like a tank and at the end of the day feels like it weighs as much as one, lol. Its produces very nice colors (especially on the Minolta) and its very durable. The one I own still looks like new. I bought it LN at KEH for 185.00 and still think its the best bargain I have ever gotten for a lens. I think you'll enjoy using it.

Vignetting has only been a problem for me when shooting wide angle with the hood fully extended. Other wise I have had no Issues with it.

Pat

Rushdewalt's gear list:Rushdewalt's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow