I've made my camera selection, now, what lens?

Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave4120
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
I've made my camera selection, now, what lens?
Aug 21, 2012

Hello again....I hope all of you do not get upset that I am asking so many questions. Being totally brand new to the photography category, I am trying to learn and read as much as possible in a very short period of time, since the choices I will make are all on sale, but only through September 1st.

I have received excellent information on a camera and lens filter choices. Now, I have to decide on a lens, and I should be off and running.

From one of my previous threads, I thought I was going to end up getting the Canon 18-135 lens. However, after reading several reviews, none of the Canon lenses in the price range of $199 to $699 seemed to get any real positive comments.

Most reviews mentioned cheap lens, no focus motor, and a host of other things.

Most reviews highly suggested either the Tamron 18-270 F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (model B08)

or, the Tamron SP 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD (model A005) even though the Tamron 70-300 was suggested more for its Universal Auto Focus motor, even though the sharpness of the telephoto lens at 300 wasn't rated the best.

I am probably reading too many reviews and articles and should just get something and be done with it instead of getting so involved in things I probably won't see with my naked eye, along with driving myself nuts.

I guess since I plan to use the Canon T3i in auto or program mode most of the time, should I get a Tamron lens with the auto focus lens motor or don't worry about it.

Thanks again.

Dave

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow