Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PaulM2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,661
Like?
9 years on DpReview Today
Aug 21, 2012

After my notice that there are fewer and fewer of the old timers still posting here, I revised my original thinking of waiting until year 10 for this post.

A recent trip to my VA Doctor for the yearly check up, he showed me a new computer program, where your past medical history is input, the program then provides a list of things you should factor in to your life style and at the end of the list is a number that is your expected life end point. Mine is 8.5 years.

I am certain that this computer program does not factor in "crazies at the picture theater" or Mack Truck's etc, so today being year nine((9) hear at DP Review, I thought I should not rely on computer programs or such and wait for year (10).

Have a look at my pbase galleries at http://www.pbase.com/paulm2 for what I have been doing for part of the (9) years. I started with a Olympus c-3020z camera back then. Have you looked at some of your real first digital pictures? I was shocked at the quality and my picture taking ability back then.

Sadly, in nine years time plus the many dollars invested, I do not see where I have improved when you weigh in the time and money. Maybe its just because I was younger then?

Anyway, below are three pictures taken with my E-1/ 14-54 mk1 lens. These were all shot in RAW, developed in "SageLight", crop in PSE8 and resized in FastStone.

I have very much enjoyed the past nine years, hope the 8 1/2 number is fairly accurate and I do enjoy my photography.
Paul

All three of the shots below are of a flower whose name is a mystery to me. All hand held.
This first shot is from about 18-20 inches. 1/1600@f/5.6, 22mm ,ISO400

This is 1/1000@f/5.6, 27mm, ISO .Crop in PSE8

And this last one is also 1/1000s but at f/8.0, 49mm, ISO400, with the camera about 10 inches away. That 14-54 Mk certainly will focus close.

Olympus E-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow