2 of my hummers for play.

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
eagle_I
Senior MemberPosts: 2,670
Like?
Re:Mark.......................
In reply to faith2, Aug 21, 2012

For the four years I've had a feeder a Annas male has stayed over Winter taking charge of it until Spring migration when he gets overwhelmed by a mob of hungry feisty females. The migration also brings a few Black-chinned and Rufous. I'm much better at taking their photos than IDing them. While the males' coloration is distinctive the females are not so much and I can get confused.

I've also named my head honcho males. Due to unusual growths on their beaks there's been "Snagglepuss #1 and #2" Guy named "Neon" for his bright magenta glow came next and since he ran off with (or got run off by) the female mob a new dominant male has not taken over. Since I got a new larger capacity feeder this Spring this year's migration hasn't ended. I've been mixing close to a gallon of syrup per day for the past three months. Think I shudda made a stock investment in C&H as I've bought a ton of sugar! 1/4 cup sugar to a cup of water ... I don't use food color.

Here's a link to some of my hummer photos on Picasa. I've got close to 150 more edited, but not yet organized for uploading. I like editing much more than organizing! ;>

They're BEST viewed with your browser at full screen using the slideshow option seen in the upper left on the thumbnail page.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110139027492944381206/Hummers?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Here's a couple recent edits.

Mark

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow