Don't like the IQ on people photos. Please help and critique.

Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nightwings
Forum ProPosts: 10,360
Like?
Yes and no.
In reply to draacor, Aug 21, 2012

draacor wrote:

I agree with Nightwings on this. In fact i don't ever turn ADL on. Mainly because from what I understand it does affect exposure regardless of the software you use in PP. Since I don't use software that even makes use of ADL I would rather not have it affect my shot in any way shape or form. Unless you use just ViewNX or Capture NX there is no need for ADL. However if you do use those programs I do believe instead of retaking those shots you can just turn them off in software. Maybe check that out first

Once you've shot with ADL, you're stuck with it... for better or worse. It can not be FULLY reversed.

You can Simulate turning ADL off in the software (CaptureNX) ... but the result can never look EXACTLY like as if the shot was taken with ADL off to begin with.

I've come to appreciate what ADL can do for landscape shots.. building... cityscapes....taming an overly bright sky....etc. But here is the KEY difference - If I don't like what ADL did in those types of shots .... it's VERY easy to correct/fix/alter/change what ADL did and present it to someone as an original shot. Why? Because those types of scenes are potentially so dynamic.... different... abstract that no one is really the wiser what the actual scene looked like. Unlike skin tones ..... it is a human trait/instinct to instantly spot when something is not quite right when looking at a people/person shot.

Again.. my opinons....

-- hide signature --

Nikon AF - One Shot ..... One Kill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
EditNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow