Like?
Re: canon 7d shutter count
In reply to Randy Benter, Aug 21, 2012

Randy Benter wrote:

Y0GI wrote:

Randy Benter wrote:

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

Kanji wrote:

Does the app on the website "camerashuttercount" work accurately for the canon 7d?

Since it's now quite costly I would advise you use gphoto2 on a Linux system, there are plenty of live DVD's so that you don't even have to install it...

-- hide signature --

regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

That site does not work for the Canon 7D.
You have 2 choices:

1. You can go to eoscount.com and pay $1.50 via Payal. This is the one Karl described as "quite costly". I think it is "quite" reasonable.

2. You can use gphoto2 (a linux program). If you are currently running linux, then this one is the obvious choice. If you have never used linux or vmware, then I highly recommend you just go to eoscount.com. Cost is not just a measure of cash, but also of time and effort. For the linux novice, this option can be "quite costly".

I am a "Linux novice" and I found that gphoto2 was easy to run (as long as your computer has a wired connection to the internet). Here are the step by step instructions: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1058019

-- hide signature --

Yogi

I didn't say it would be difficult. I said it would COST time. You can either spend $1.50 of your money and 3 minutes of your time OR you can spend $0 of your money and about 60 minutes of your time. How much is 1 hour of your time worth?

Since I am retired, not much!
--
Yogi

When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!

See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.

Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow