Panasonic FZ200. Please explain something to me.

Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eagle2a
Senior MemberPosts: 1,890
Like?
Panasonic FZ200. Please explain something to me.
Aug 21, 2012

Please, will someone with a great deal more knowledge than I have about new camera availability, please explain something to me.

The Panasonic FZ200 with its new f2.8 from end to end lens has a lot of people all a twitter. So much so that most of us have pre-ordered this camera. This is the first time I've ever pre-ordered a camera, but I thought I would this one time, after observing the Olympus EM5 scramble.

What I don't understand is the following.

The three major online camera retailers, (as far as I know) are B&H photo, Adorama (both on the East Coast) and Amazon, the company that currently owns this website and one of the largest, if not the largest, online retailer in the world. All of these large retailers do not as yet have the three new Panasonic cameras for shipment. But then along comes Samy’s camera, based in Los Angeles with several stores in that general vicinity. They already have and are shipping the new Panasonic LX, G5, and the FZ200 in question. These cameras were all announced July 18.

Now I can understand how a smaller retailer may have an inside track and is able to get a fairly large number of these cameras before anyone else, it does happen. But here's the thing that troubles me.

Samy’s also is a retailer selling on Amazon's website. So my question is, what is going on with Amazon? They must be losing sales to Samy’s from some of their own pre-order customers.

Can someone please explain this to me?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow