ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cdmcdermott
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Sell DSLR for Nex 7 Dilema
Aug 21, 2012

Hi

Hoping someone might be able to give me some advice and help me make decide if to sell my current gear.

Bit of background - I have owned a Nikon D70 for 6/7 years and if im honest didnt really use its potential. I mostly used in auto which gave me some great photos but towards the end it didnt get much use as it was too big and heavy to carry around. I sold the D70 and bought a Canon 600D which I thought being smaller might get more use and reignite my interest in photography. There is not doubting that the 600D is a good camera and although i havent had it too long ive enjoyed playing around with it (especially with Magic lantern to play around with). I do have a nagging feeling that eventually after the honeymoon period has finished i may still feel the 600d to be too big to lug around for some occasions.

Could anyone help me answer some questions?

1. The size of the NEX 7 really appeals to me but by the time I have stuck a decent lense of the front will there be really much size/weight difference from 600d?

2. Will the NEX 7 deliver the same quality of images as the 600d? (I will the camera for all types of photography (Street photography, landscapes, Portraits, kids running around etc )

3. Will the NEX 7 deliver the same quality of video as the 600d? is audio as good as the canon 600d ?

4. I read that AF is slow which might be a problem when shooting candid shots of the kids running around. Is this more to do with the kit lense or limitations of the camera

5. Could anyone give me some lense recommendations - would it be better to use some good quality primes ? if so is there a focal range which would suit most general photography with the Nex 7

Sorry for all the questions but am really interested in whether this would be a good move or a mistake

Thanks

chris

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Nikon D70 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow