How bad is the AF on the 5D Mark II

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jay S.
Senior MemberPosts: 2,895
Like?
Re: How bad is the AF on the 5D Mark II
In reply to gdanmitchell, Aug 21, 2012

All excellent shots, but hopefully not posted because I said the 5Dxx isn't true sports camera. Looks like these are 5DmkII images (found on google), and you've proven (very convincingly) that the mkII can track and take action shots.

I didn't say sports could not be done on the 5Ds, but I still believe that they are not primarily sports camera bodies and yes, the 5DmkIII is considerably better than the mkII was at sports, but I still wouldn't put it in the 1D class of body and even the mkIII is slower than the 7D in terms of FPS and with the new FW (I believe) buffering.

Again though, if you are a mkIII owner, doesn't it irk you some that a t4i may have functional advantages (a big one in full time autofocus) when it comes to video? I mean they both had to be on the drawing board at Canon around the same time. Someone else said it in another thread, when it comes to video, the mkIII is already outdated..

-- hide signature --

Jay S.
Fuji 7000 / Canon 40D / Canon 7D / Canon 5D mkII

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow