Sony Replacement Outdoor TX10 vs TX20

Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
andye53
Senior MemberPosts: 1,213Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony Replacement Outdoor TX10 vs TX20
In reply to elmar1, Aug 21, 2012

I saw the TX20 at the Sony store when I bought the RX100 last week, too bad it wasn't charge so I wasn't able to play with it. It looks exactly like the TX10 on the outside.

I'm not sure how much better the 20 is compared to the 10. I've had a TX10 for almost a year now. I am very pleased with its stills and video quality, BUT general operations can be slow and frustrating. Much of its functions are controlled by the touchscreen, and when the camera gets wet, the touch control can act erratically. General operations like playback mode is also kind of slow, which is pretty typical of Sony, but having to use the touch screen just to scroll the pictures when zooming makes it seem even slower. And worst of all, when you press the video start button, the actual recording doesn't start for about 5 seconds, so you will typically miss a few seconds' worth in the beginning.

Apart from that, it is lots of fun. I've taken many shots of the kids jumping into the pool with the 10fps burst. Awesome full HD 1080/60i underwater videos, love the smooth motion of 60fps. No it doesn't do 1080/60p, but even on my 5N, HX9V, and now RX100 I select 60i. Much easier to deal with on the computer.

-- hide signature --

SONY TX1O | HX9Vee | NEX-FiveN

andye53's gear list:andye53's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 RX100 III NEX5R Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow