Am I understanding this chart on Depth of Field correctly?

Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AAq
AAq
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Am I understanding this chart on Depth of Field correctly?
Aug 21, 2012

Hi all,

New to the forums and like what I see. Appreciate any help or learning assistance.

When it comes to Depth of Field, I was looking at this field table for a 35mm on a Nikon D5000. http://www.dofmaster.com/doftable.html

Please let me know or help me to understand this chart correctly. Let me use an example.

Is this chart telling me that based upon a 35mm on a D5000 model that if I am 10 feet back from the subject(s) and I am shooting the f-stop at f8, that the near (7.18 ft) and far (16.5 feet) that anything between these two ranges will be very clear in the picture? Anything before 7.18 feet will take slight blurring and anything after 16.5 feet blurring. Is that how I am to interpret that?

Meaning, that I can space subjects within the difference of 9.32 feet (in that gap) and they should come out clear? Is that correct?

Thank you for any assistance to help me understand this better.

Nikon D5000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow