Choosing prime lens for Canon 7D

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
irmao1
Forum MemberPosts: 77Gear list
Like?
Re: another option
In reply to itsDing, Aug 21, 2012

Hi people.

Despite my conclusion is almost done (60D + 17-55 f/2.8) I always think about the possibility of primes, just because it was my first thought. The 35mm (56mm on crop) f/2 should not be a problem to me. Just a few steps back and I got 35mm. I have already made this experience.

Here in Portugal is dificult to find used cameras specially when you don't know much photographers (like me) or people from this market (my market is completly diferent).

So a used body isn't on my mind and with my budget it must be a crop one. I love 7D, i have already expressed that before and probably it will last more than a 60D on the market but i need to balance my budget (body vs lens). Of course that i will later on buy another lens but right now i need good lens and that's just possible with a few ones.

So I opted for the 60D but i think the 17-55f2.8 is a better choise instead 35mm f/2 + 85mm f1.8. The remaining money (from the choise of the 60D) will be better aplly on this lens. That's what i'm thinking.

Opting by primes will make me spend less money but will put me thinking again on the 7D ( 7d + 35mm + 85mm = 2000euros and fits the budget).

irmao1's gear list:irmao1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow