Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sten E
Senior MemberPosts: 1,486Gear list
Like?
What street camera?
Aug 21, 2012

I wonder if there is a better street camera than the ones I already have, a Pentax K-5 DSLR and a Canon G1X compact.

I use the G1X for street photography. It is small enough and it works well, and I appreciate its vari-angle LCD monitor, but I would like faster focus and shutter times. I have tried the K-5 with the 18-135 lens, but it feels too heavy, bulky, and conspicuous for street photo. I am thinking of perhaps getting the 40 mm "limited" pancake lens (effectively 60 mm) for K-5, which would make it smaller, but then 40 (60) mm is perhaps not the ideal for street photo, and the camera would still be quite big. Besides I have really never used non-zoom lenses, and I am not sure I could manage with such lenses.

To sum it up, I would like a small camera with very good IQ, RAW function, fast focus and shutter times, rather large sensor (for IQ) and if possible (but it may not be so) zoom. Does anyone know of such a camera (and lens)?

-- hide signature --

Best regards,

Sten

Sten E's gear list:Sten E's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +4 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow