Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobYIL
Contributing MemberPosts: 888
Like?
Hi-speed strobe dilemma..
Aug 21, 2012

In an industrial project, I am confronted with an issue of having to employ shutter speeds above 1/500 (preferably 1/1000 or higher) and use a strobe for fill flash. Since the subject distance is about 50m and the subjects are moving type (vehicles on highway, they need to be pictured as sharp as possible) I am planning to buy a powerful strobe of at least GN70 at ISO 100. The cameras to be used are the D300S and D800E; the angle of view is about 35-40 degress (not so wide.)

My inquiry: Is it possible to employ Strobes at these shutter speeds? Both of our cameras have Auto FP Hi-speed sync. however I have no experience with any shutter speed above the sync.one, that is 1/250s. Also what features should I look for while buying a strobe? (For example I think those having shorter flash durations than 1/1500s could be better choices).

Thanking you in advance for the insightful commentaries and recommendations.

Regards,

Bob

-- hide signature --

BobYIL

Nikon D300S Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow