Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Haithamcz
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
upgrade to FX or get DX pro camera
Aug 21, 2012

I am looking for my next upgrade, should I move to FX bodies (d700) thats what i can afford to pay or get a pro DX and invest in some good lenses? if you moved from DX to FX, what FX camera did bring to you over the DX camera apart form the nice ISO performance?

any tips and comments are really appreciated it, my current budget is 1900 $ but donot want to use it all for just buying camera but if i see that FX is worth the upgrade over a pro DX then why not.

I have been using the entry level DSLR (D3100 + sb700, 18-55mm VR nikkor, 35mm nikkor F1.8, 70-300mm VR nikkor F4.5 (which i may sell this lens cause its too heavy to use for portraiture shoots ) nikon as start of entering DSLR world, so far the camera done a great job and here are many samples of photos were taken by that camera http://www.flickr.com/photos/hashomi/ , these photos are straight from camera just some of them did edit the light and color balance in google picsa.

also, I am currently shooting photos on amatur level so I want to move to more pro level, so will be shooting wedding, children, animals, macro, portraiture and urban structures .

Thank you in advance,
H.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow