Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rgs_45
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
Digital Zoom Qestion
Aug 21, 2012

Pardon my ignorance but will using a digital zoom extends the maximum optical zoom?
i.e. with a 4X digital zoom w/ 600 optical, will it equal to 2400?

I'm looking at the new FZ200 w/ 2.8 lens all the way and the Nikon P510 w/ 1000 mm zoom for everyday cam.

I like the bright 2.8 of the new Pana. More likely I will not be using the digital zoom as much but I would like to at least double the 600 to 1200 using the 2X digital zoom when need be. I have read the comments of the FZ150 and if the performance and quality of the FZ150 output is as good with the FZ200 it will my a buy for me.

I like the reach of the Nikon at 1000.

I know that digital zoom IS NOT as good as optical zoom but using the 2X should not be as bad. If someone can post an example taken with the FZ150 using the digital zoom is very much appreciated.

Any comments/suggestions/recommendations is very much appreciated.

BTW, I currently use a Nikon V1. I'm leaning to the FZ200 for my first bridge camera because of the RAW capability.

Thanks for your time.

rgs_45's gear list:rgs_45's gear list
Nikon 1 AW1
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon Coolpix P510 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow