G1X and 60 sec. exposure in a bright sunny day!! (pics)

Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
juantastico
Contributing MemberPosts: 567
Like?
Re: G1X and 60 sec. exposure in a bright sunny day!! (pics)
In reply to h2k, Aug 21, 2012

You are very welcome h2k

It seems you had a very good deal! Better than I did, I paid mine 65 pounds including shipping. In any case it is a superb piece of glass, worth every penny. Please post some results once you get to play with it.

Btw did you bought the multicoted version? This shoul help redusing internal and external reflections.

Cheers.

h2k wrote:
Juan, thanks for a detailed, considerate and very helpful answer!

This is all interesting and useful. I had always thought that the built-in ND filter in the Powershots is often too weak, but i didn't have the energy to try get an external ND filter. Now following your hints i ordered a B+W 10x ND filter (at 57 Euro incl. tax i find that really not a bargain, just some dark glass, right) (the Hoya was around the same price).

Tripodwise, for now I will stick with my Gorillapod (or walls, cups etc.). If i like my own results too much, i might re-consider your tripod recommendation as well.

I also found a filter case that's slimmer than the one you recommend. It is definitely less protective too, but volume is a major consideration for me.

Thanks for some good inspiration!

juantastico wrote:

I also have the gorillapod, it is good but not as good as the Manfrotto MK394-H (this is truly a proper tripod :-))

If you can buy both filters the that is great, else get the 110, below you will find a link with some pics i took today with this filters, sometime i also added a polarizerr filter the hoya 58mm pro1 digital circular polarizer filter (very nice as well, but at wide angle when stack together with the ND filters there is some vignetting, but this is easy cropable)

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1010&thread=42294750

I bought the Tamrac case for the filters this is an awesome little/compact pouch see link below

http://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-S-A-S-Compact-Filter-Black/dp/B0009PAVI2

-- hide signature --

Regards,

Juan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow