Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robd1438
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
Feedback on possible trade
Aug 20, 2012

I just made the jump from 7D to 5D MKIII and I'm selling my EF-S lenses and have a trade offer I'd like to get some thoughts on. My current lenses are 24-105, 85 1.8, 70-300 IS. I like the 70-300 but really want a 70-200 variant to really shine on the new body. Now I know the 70-200 2.8 IS MK II is the holy grail, but it's pricey and would take me at least a year to save up for it most likely, especially after what I just spent. I'm also not a pro, do some side shoots for family and friends but mostly my kids and sports and what not. I do plan on keeping the 70-300 for a lighter weight travel zoom and using the 70-200 for indoor, low light, sports, etc. So the trade is my 17-55 2.8 IS + $400 for a 70-200 2.8 IS MK I. I rented the MK I for my daughters first recital and was very impressed. I know the MK II is better, but it's get this now for little out of pocket or wait. Thoughts? What would you do? Thanks in advance!

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow