Canon Recalling over 68,000 T4i bodies

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
tkrynsky
Regular MemberPosts: 104
Like?
Re: Canon Recalling over 68,000 T4i bodies
In reply to tkrynsky, Aug 20, 2012

tkrynsky wrote:

I JUST got my camera in a couple hours ago, and it's on the recall list - (sigh). I already got a shipping label from Canon and it's waiting to be sent back out.

My only real gripe is that they're using UPS ground service for my label there (and I'd guess the same thing going back). I live in Seattle so it's 5 business days in transit there, 5 days back, plus whatever the processing time is on this. A little sad to get a new camera and then be without if for 3 weeks.

Just as an update, I called Canon back asking if the camera could be sent to the California repair center instead of Virginia, since ground shipping would be 3 days vs 5. I was told the VA depo was the only one servicing T4i's currently.

HOWEVER, the tech was surprised that I received a ground label and after a couple minutes with a supervisor sent me a new 2-day shipping label. He assured me the camera should be sent back via 2-day shipping as well.

I'm now hopeful I'll see my camera back in 6-8 days vs the three weeks I was dreading.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow