Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fobeeguy
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
The rumors of Sony is making me sway from upgrading to E-M5 =P
Aug 20, 2012

Right now I'm a GF3 user with 3 lenses: 14-42mm, 14mm, and 45-175mm X.

I takes photos for fun. I mostly uses the 14mm since it is compact. I bought the 45-175mm X because I was going to a few weddings and want to take pictures far away from my seat and also record my friends singing in the choir.

Last weekend I was looking at pictures from my friend's NEX-3, the pictures looks very crisp on the LCD compared to my camera (my friend probably just took all photo in auto mode). I guess that might be due to the GF3's inferior LCD since when I move the pictures back to my PC it looks alright.

I am planning to get the E-M5 in the future to be my primary camera, along with 45mm and the rumored cheap 25mm. Is the picture quality and noise in high ISO a lot better on the E-M5 compared to my GF3? How is E-M5 compared to NEX-5N in picture quality?

The rumors from Sony is quite exciting currently. The NEX-6 seems like a winner with a new phase detection 16 mp sensor. Sony will have a compact power zoom lens and a new and hopefully cheap 35mm f1.8. The new SELP18200 Power Zoom 18-200mm also looks promising if it actually works on the NEX-6. 18-200 would cover a wider range (sometimes I am standing to close with my 45-175mm).

What do you guys think about all these Sony rumors? It is making me sway

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow