canon 7d shutter count

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jay S.
Senior MemberPosts: 2,895
Like?
Re: canon 7d shutter count
In reply to Randy Benter, Aug 20, 2012

With multiple camera bodies and a desire to check the counts from time to time, I'd sign up for a reasonable "one time" charge to allow me to check cameras from time to time, etc. Starts to add up if you have multiple bodies and you want to check them once a quarter or so. If the author offered a one time $15 fee, for example, I think it would be more appealing.

Randy Benter wrote:

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

Kanji wrote:

Does the app on the website "camerashuttercount" work accurately for the canon 7d?

Since it's now quite costly I would advise you use gphoto2 on a Linux system, there are plenty of live DVD's so that you don't even have to install it...

-- hide signature --

regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

That site does not work for the Canon 7D.
You have 2 choices:

1. You can go to eoscount.com and pay $1.50 via Payal. This is the one Karl described as "quite costly". I think it is "quite" reasonable.

2. You can use gphoto2 (a linux program). If you are currently running linux, then this one is the obvious choice. If you have never used linux or vmware, then I highly recommend you just go to eoscount.com. Cost is not just a measure of cash, but also of time and effort. For the linux novice, this option can be "quite costly".

-- hide signature --

Jay S.
Fuji 7000 / Canon 40D / Canon 7D / Canon 5D mkII

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow