think tank retrospective 5

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,864Gear list
Like?
Re: think tank retrospective 5
In reply to YeoHoon Bae, Aug 20, 2012

I do carry the E-M5 perpendicular to the length of the bag, but I don't own the 12-50 (though I do have some other larger lenses like the 7-14). My solution to this would be to mount one of the smaller lenses on the camera for carrying purposes (so in your example I would probably mount the 25 or 45 rather than the 12-50). It works well for me.

YeoHoon Bae wrote:

I have this bag. This used to be my favorite bag when I had E-PL3 but not sure anymore now that I have the E-M5.

I usually carry the following everywhere:

• E-M5

• Panny 100-300mm (to be changed to Oly 75-300mm so that may help)

• Oly 12-50mm mounted on the E-M5

• Oly 9-18mm

• either Oly 45mm f1.8 or Panny 25mm f1.4 depending on the trip

I use two dividers, one side has 100-300, and the other extreme side has 9-18 plus one more lens, stacked on top of each other.

The problem I have here is that the length of E-M5 is a bit too long to be placed perpendicular to the length of the bag (the bag bulges out a bit too much for my taste). If I try to place it along the length of the bag, then it is way too tight - I can't take out the lenses easily. I'm hoping that changing 100-300 to 75-300 will help this out but I doubt it, as the diameter difference is very small. So right now, I place the E-M5 angled roughly 45 degree in the bag, with the lens facing towards the top. Still pretty tight. Hmmm.

Retrospective 7 looks quite big. Also it will probably be heavy. Not sure what to do at the moment.

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon D750
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow