A200 upgrade to A57 - some quick starter tips?

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fulton17
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
A200 upgrade to A57 - some quick starter tips?
Aug 20, 2012

Well, I have been drooling over the A57 for months and heard today that we in South Africa are going to be having a price increase on them next month, so have made a plan to move up my purchase and will be buying the A57 with the 18 to 135 mm lens. To be honest I feel like a little kid waiting for father Christmas to arrive

I have been following this forum and it has been a great help to me in making my decisions, even though some of the stuff is just way over my non technical mind.

To this end, I have one or two cheat questions and some requests for advice.

Storage - as I do action photography, I will be doing lots of bursts and need to be able to keeping buffering to a minimum. I am looking at a SanDisk Extreme PRO 16GB 95MB/s SDHC Card as this seems to be a top performer. I know there have been a few threads on cards and which is best - from what I could figure out, the higher the transfer for writing the better.

Now my cheat question. I want to get the camera and be at the beach asap to try it out. I know it is going to be a steep learning curve from my A200 and have seen quite a few people speak about changing some basic settings (you can see from this post my technical knowledge is a tad limited ). So what should be some of the basics settings i should put in place from the word go?

Thanks for your patience with a tech challenged forumite!! I am sure I will have many questions to follow

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow