Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neonexxer
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
A weekend with my Nex5N + CV15mm f4.5 mk I + Helicoid
Aug 20, 2012

Won a used CV15/4.5 mk I on eBay and just got it in the mail, so I decided to get acquainted with it. This is the earlier screwmount version of the lens, which doesn't let you use filters with it because of its built-in hood. However, the edge this version has over the newer M mount variety is that its native MFD is 30cm(1ft), and actually doesn't even need the helicoid adapter.

It really is very sharp, and coupled with the cardany-chan helicoid adapter, its a surprisingly useful AND tiny combo for my Nex5N. I was delighted that I could so easily go between wide-angle and macro with this single lens. Was laughing so hard that the same teensy lens that could take this:

can also do this:

Starting at f4.5, you can argue that the lens isn't made for low-light, or night shooting, but I find it'll get by, especially if you have a tripod (all these shots here are handheld though).

Really love this setup. Now, teamed with my Pen-FT 40/1.4, I've got a miniscule 2-lens combo that takes care of 90% of my needs. Anyone else got this same setup? Would love to see what else other folks are doing with it

Anyway, here is a bit of what I shot with the CV15+helicoid over the weekend to demonstate what it can do:

neonexxer's gear list:neonexxer's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Tough TG-2 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony SLT-A37 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +10 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow