Apple 27inch display - Good enough?

Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
S B McCue
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Re: Apple 27inch display - Good enough?
In reply to MrScorpio, Aug 20, 2012

I'm working with a Quad-Core i7 MacBook Pro and a 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display.

Ergonomics aside - that's why God made phone books and VESA mounts! - I'd argue in favor of the 27" ACD. Three points:

First, as you correctly noted, the display is designed to mate with the MacBook series. There's a sense of "goodness of fit" that is hard to explain and easy to feel.

Second, the display quality itself is excellent, given the resolution. I work in a relatively dim environment, so the glossy issue has never been a problem for me.

Third, when you aren't editing photos, the other elements of the display - speakers, Firewire 800 and Thunderbolt connectivity - really make themselves felt. At the end of the day, I can kick back and watch a miniseries in greater comfort than my television allows.

I am an Apple fan (I know many of you would chase me with a baseball bat because I've admitted as much) but in this case, the display is made for the machine, not for itself. If you enjoy using the MacBook Pro - and there's much to be said for the sheer enjoyment of using a quality product - then the 27" ACD only enhances that pleasure.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow