Nakky D5100 kit x D3100 plus stuff?

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
jcockeri
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Re: Nakky D5100 kit x D3100 plus stuff?
In reply to gualberto, Aug 20, 2012

Get the D5100. I have it and I love it. Image quality is amazing and many of the features you'll find are missing on the D3100.

The D5100 has the same sensor as the higher end D7000, more mega pixels than the D3100 and more manual control as well. The D5100 works amazing at high ISO and some of the auto features (I practically never use them as I almost always shoot in M mode) are great. Selective colour is one that works better than you'd think and is really fun to shoot with. I've tried it a few times and never been disappointed.

If you want to be shooting HDRs then you'll practuically need the D5100 (I'm not talking about the built-in HDR mode - I personally don't like it). The D3100 doesn't have auto bracketing which means you'll have to do it manually, which means touching the camera, which means odds are you'll move it slightly and then the stiching of photos together won't work so well.

The D5100 is overall a better camera and the kit lens is surprisingly great. If you're thinking about price then don't even bother with the D3100, get the D90. It's less than the D5100 and miles above the D3100.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow