Just asking

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
W5JCK
Contributing MemberPosts: 664Gear list
Like?
Re: An excellent question
In reply to dave61, Aug 20, 2012

Don't forget that we can always post a full crop of a photo for IQ discussion. A full crop shows a small portion of the full size image with the pixels at 100% size. In other words, if I take a full size 18MP photo with my 60D which is 5184 x 3456 pixels, that would be too big to post here. But if I want to discuss certain aspects of that photo I can crop out the important part and post it. For example I could crop out a part of the photo that is only 800 x 800 pixels but showed the pixels full size. For pixel peaking that would work. Full crops to discuss IQ or a good option in many cases.

I do agree that scaling the entire image down to a smaller size is not the best way to examine it for IQ.
--

An astrophotography hobbyist and amateur radio instructor and examiner. Canon EOS 60D and Canon Powershot G1 X. http://www.w5jck.com

W5JCK's gear list:W5JCK's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow