Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Paul T.
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
Re: companion camera for xz1
In reply to anniejohn, Aug 20, 2012

anniejohn wrote:

Thanks Paul!

I know it's a great camera, but I also have heard of it's limitations, like that it's slow to autofocus and such.

It's a great size. It takes absolutely marvellous (or, in the U.S., marvelous) pictures - just look at the images being posted daily in this forum.

People here keep urging me to get a dslr, saying that it's really the only way to get quality shots.

You'll get the very best quality shots with the XZ-1 just by pressing that shutter button and taking lots and lots of pictures. You then just pick the best ones and discard the rest!

... but I'm thinking of getting a second one, for really nice shots, when I can manage to carry a larger camera--particularly now, since I got this one at such a steal.

Use the XZ-1 for a month and THEN consider whether you would have used a DSLR (or a bridge camera) on ANY of those occasions. My bet is on NO. This forum is full of posts from very experienced photographers whose DSLRs are gathering dust because they have discovered the freedom of the smaller cameras.

Paul.

Paul T.'s gear list:Paul T.'s gear list
Olympus SZ-31MR iHS Olympus XZ-2 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow