think tank retrospective 5

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,870Gear list
Like?
Re: think tank retrospective 5
In reply to Makinations, Aug 20, 2012

Makinations wrote:

Anyone have one of these with a OM-D E-M5?

Trying to sort out how to use it with my assorted lenses. Everything fits in there but the partitions aren't really designed for tiny m43 lenses. I'm almost thinking of putting every lens in a pouch and then just tossing everything loosely in the bag.

I took my E-P3+VF2, 12, 25 and 45 prime combination to Paris in the Retrospective 5 bag. Worked great with the 25 on the body and one lens either side with the camera+VF2+25 in the center section, face down.

The E-M5 is shorter than the E-P3+VF2 so works even better in the Retrospective 5 if the goal is carrying a three lens outfit. If I want to go with a more versatile outfit, the 9-18 and 75-300 can replace the 12 and 45 primes and it still all fits in the bag easily.

If I want to carry more than three lenses I move up to the Retrospective 7, where I can easily carry both more lenses and an FL600R or FL50R flash and lots of extra stuff.

The shoulder straps on these bags are as comfortable as I have used.

Greg

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow