Hello from Saint-Petersburg!

Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
MrScorpio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,351Gear list
Like?
ST Petersburg recommended
In reply to Anders W, Aug 20, 2012

Godafton Anders

I can REALLY recommend the new St Petersburg. I lived there 2006-2007. My son described it like living in a Museum! It is a city of almost extreme beauty and fantastic culture. Swedes dont need Visa to enter St Petersburg now either.

BR

Marcus

Anders W wrote:

micksh6 wrote:

I was in Saint-Petersburg, Russia, in the end of June, during white nights time. White nights is a northern thing, places at 60 degrees latitude or closer to pole have it.

Nights are bright, no darkness, people are walking all night and have fun. And in Saint-Petersburg there are bridges that open at night to let ships go. Here is the opening and how people gather to see it. It's always magical somehow, you need to be there. This is what I captured

The white nights we have here in Sweden too. I live on about the same latitude and Stockholm is also great at that time of the year with all the light and water combined.

But to experience "belye nochi" in Saint Petersburg is nevertheless special. I have been there twice, but only once in approximately the right season. And that was long ago, in Soviet times. My wife and I are often talking about visiting again, in June of course. And your pictures intensifies my longing. Many thanks for sharing!

-- hide signature --
 MrScorpio's gear list:MrScorpio's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow