think tank retrospective 5

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ajohnw
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Re: think tank retrospective 5
In reply to sgoldswo, Aug 20, 2012

I've been having bag problems too. For plenty of room and lenses in pouches there is a suitable Troop London shoulder bag. I think it's the olympic - on an amazon uk review some one mentions using it as a camera bag and some one else complains it's too stiff. It's made of very heavy canavas. Water runs off but I doubt if it's totally water proof.

I'm toying with the idea of getting one of these but they won't blend in like an ordinary shoulder bag.

http://www.flyyeindustries.com/ArticleShow.asp?ProdID=0186

This one should be water proof - military grade cordura.

On the cheap there is heavy guage cordura gas mask bag on ebay uk. Amazingly cheap. Might suit do it yourself people. It's too deep for 4/3 really. Lunch and mac in the bottom? The cover fastening is manic and the strap too narrow but for a few quid? The cover fastening is way over the top. Velco and a press stud. If for germ warfare the user would be dead before opening it. Easy to remove some/all velcro though,

Also tried the far east leather pen bag. Not too bad but camera and another lens doesn't fit in well really. Only just. It's not badly made though and would be better without the viewfinder on the camera - no good for om.

Also tried a crumpler muffin 3000. Not big enough for a pen and another lens again really.

Also a smaller canvas shoulder bag for just the camera and one other lens. Used it on 2 days and it's too fiddly but ok. It's a simple one over 100mm wide and no extra pockets to speak of. Much thinner guage canvas than troop.

Just weakened and bought the flyye. Tip - cheaper on amazon than ebay.

I've decided to keep the charger and leads and a few other similar things not needed to shoot in a separate zip up bag once I find a suitable one eg small leather ladies make up bag etc.

John

Ajohnw's gear list:Ajohnw's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 300D Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow